Currently, Bronx Alumnae Chapter is awarding one (1) four-year scholarship in the amount of $8,000, dispersed at $1,000 per semester, to a high school senior who is a resident of the Bronx and maintains each semester in college an overall 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. In addition, we award several one-time scholarship grants, varying from $500 to $1,000, to Bronx high school seniors entering college.
Scholarship Recipient is determined based on the following criteria:
• student plans to attend and matriculate a four year college as a full-time student in the Fall of 2022;
• student has demonstrated ability to master college level work;
• student has a minimum overall academic B average;
• student participates in extracurricular activities in or out of school; and
• student resides in the Bronx.
Scholarship Application Packet for Candidate(s) MUST include:
• a completed application form;
• a 750 word essay from the student answering 1 of 3 available prompts;
• two letters of recommendation- one must be from a teacher/guidance counselor and one from a community service supervisor;
• an official high school transcript and
• a copy of your ACT or SAT scores (if applicable for the 2021-2022 school year).
ALL INFORMATION MUST BE POSTMARKED BY:
Saturday, FEBRUARY 26, 2022
APPLICATION MATERIALS should be sent to:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Bronx Alumnae Chapter
P.O. Box 102
Bronx, New York 10467
ATTENTION: Joy Knight, Scholarship Chair
The Scholarship Committee will interview selected students after all information is received.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Scholarship Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download 2021 Scholarship Application below: