2018 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Currently, Bronx Alumnae Chapter is awarding a four-year scholarship in the amount of $6,400, dispersed at $800 per semester, to a high school senior who is a resident of the Bronx and maintains each semester in college an overall 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. In addition, we award several one-time scholarship grants, varying from $500 to $1,000, to Bronx high school seniors entering college.
Scholarship Recipient is determined based on the following criteria:
• student plans to attend a four year college in the fall of 2018;
• student has demonstrated ability to master college level work;
• student has a minimum overall academic B average;
• student participates in extracurricular activities in or out of school; and
• student resides in the Bronx.
Scholarship Application Packet for Candidate(s) MUST include:
• a completed application form;
• an essay from the student telling us about him/herself, his/her future college plans, and why he/she would like to receive our scholarship;
• two letters of recommendation, with at least one from a current or former teacher; and
• an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores.
ALL INFORMATION MUST BE POSTMARKED BY:
Wednesday, FEBRUARY 28, 2018
APPLICATION MATERIALS should be sent to:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Bronx Alumnae Chapter
P.O. Box 102
Bronx, New York 10467
ATTENTION: Sojourner Welch-David
The Scholarship Committee will interview selected students after all information is received.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Scholarship Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download 2018 Scholarship Application below: