May is Mental Health Awareness Month
We have been on lockdown, but don’t let it get you down. Here are some ways to take care of your mental health during this season of quarantine.
- Meditation is a good was to reduce stress and control anxiety.
- It can give you a sense of peace, calmness, and balance
Binge Watch Your Favorite Shows
- Binge watching has the unique capability to de-stress in the midst of a world filled with work, responsibilities, and chaos.
Pick up a Book/Board Game
- Reading or strategic play can stimulate the brain and prevent cognitive decline.
- Reading can reduce stress, aid in sleep and alleviate depression
Light Candles or Use Essential Oils
- Aromatherapy can ease stress, anxiety and depression. It can also boost feelings of relaxation an improve sleep
Stay Moving Physically
- Yoga, for example, can strengthen your body, heart, and improve your breathing.
- Physical weakness can impact mental acuity
Take Time to Rest
- Adequate sleep is a key part to a healthy lifestyle.
- Sleep benefits the heart, metabolism, mind and overall health
We, the members of Bronx Alumnae Chapter – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., pray God’s comfort, protection, and provision for you all. Take care, stay safe, and always be Blessed.
If you are having trouble coping or are seeking help for problems like stress, depression, or anxiety:Text “WELL” to 65173* OR Call: 1-888-NYC-WELL