“The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step” Lao Tzu
We all make those New Year’s Resolutions to shed a few pounds…well, maybe more than a few pounds. So, here are some HEART HEALTHY Tips you can begin now to bring you closer to your goals for the New Year.
- Control your portion size
- Eat more vegetables and fruits
- Select whole grains
- Limit unhealthy fats and cholesterol
- Choose low-fat protein sources
- Reduce the Sodium in your food
- Plan ahead: create daily menus
- Allow yourself the occasional treat
REMEMBER: you have to crawl before you walk & walk before you run! You can do it…WE believe in YOU!
– – – – – – – – – –
Be sure to join the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. – Bronx Alumnae Chapter on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2018 as we partner once more with the women of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Eta Omega Omega Chapter for our Healthy Heart program.
More information to come!